The word rehab is short for rehabilitation, which describes a drug or alcohol treatment curriculum that is provided in a type of residential setting. Basically, the aim of rehab is to provide a passionate program of sustain and care for the people who have become drug addicted. Rehab offers the opportunity to support a person who is recovering from addiction or mental illness. Rehab helps the addict to re-enter society.
Another name for inpatient rehab is residential treatment. The patient undergoing this type of rehab treatment typically lives at the facility for a month or more. This type of treatment is the best option for those people who want to get away from their existing temptations and focus completely on clear-headedness with no distractions at all. Residential treatment offers a variety of benefits over other forms of rehab.
There are some characteristics of inpatient treatment which are given below:
- Addicts are provided 24 hours of supervision and care. This helps them to concentrate on treatment and recovery. Inpatient rehab also includes supervised detoxification, professional administration of medicine, and group or individual therapy.
- Other programs provided by inpatient rehab may vary and include other features as well, from family therapy or yoga etc.
- This rehab treatment avoids the distractions of daily life activities. Its whole focus is on recovery. Therefore inpatient rehab may be a preferred option in severe circumstances.
These are the following types of inpatient rehab:
- Residential rehab
- Luxury rehab
- Executive or CEO
It is that type of rehab in which the patient stays for the extent of the treatment. Individual and group therapy sessions are provided. medical care is also provided to the residents to aid in recovery.
The services provided by luxury rehab are not much different from the residential rehab, but this type of rehab provides more facilities and amenities during the treatment. For example, horse riding, swimming, private accommodations, and massage. Luxury rehabs can be positioned at desirable locations such as beaches or in the mountains. These treatment options are often much more expensive.
Executive or CEO:
These programs are alike luxury ones, but they offer special amenities for executives and CEO’S. These include private meeting rooms, internet connection and more. These facilities cater to people who must continue to run their company while in recovery.
Inpatient rehab provides patients with numerous benefits that include the following:
- Healthy atmosphere
- Training of ongoing skills and education
- Associated with greater success rates
There are also some drawbacks that are given below:
- The addict may not come and go as they please
- Day to day obligations must be put on hold to accommodate
While this form of treatment may be more expensive and require a greater commitment, there is nothing more important than recovery for an addict. Their very life may depend on it. Be sure to pursue every option as there may be insurance or other subsidies available which can dramatically cut the cost to you.